Maharashtra government has set up a committee to study the feasibility of an online university – Punekar News
Pune, 10th December 2021: The government of Maharashtra is planning to set up an online university in the state as Covid has disrupted the education sector.
An expert committee headed by former Vice Chancellor of Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Dr. RK Shegaonkar has been set up. The committee was given six months to submit a report on the provisions of the Education Policy 2020, including the required infrastructure courses, examinations, results, criteria for the appointment of teachers and staff under the online university.
Traditional public universities and colleges in the state are offering online education using various websites and apps during the Corona period. However, students who cannot attend college or university will not be required to attend due to online university. Plus, you won’t have to spend on accommodation, travel, etc. in addition to university fees. Also, in an emergency like Corona, academic work can continue uninterrupted.
The importance of online and digital education has also been highlighted in the new education policy. In this context, the Department of Higher and Technical Education has set up a committee to set up an online university.
The committee, led by Dr. Shevgaonkar, includes Raman Preet, President, Pune Institute of Business Management; Anandrao Dadas, Director, Wadia Institute of Management Studies and Research; Manish Godse, Angappa Gunasekaran, Dean, University of California, USA; Bhimrai Metri, Director, Nagpur IIM; Shrivarmangai Ramanujam, Head of Department of Information Technology, University of Mumbai.
1. Determine state policy by studying online universities in developed countries.
2. Is it possible to establish an online university according to the provisions of the Public Universities Law, based on the rules of the University Grants Commission?
3. How to provide online education to state students considering the provisions of the new education policy?
4. Provide details of basic equipment, labor, expenses, etc. needed for an online university.
5. Recommendations for online university teachers, staff quality criteria, university courses, exams, exam results, degree, teaching time, duration, fees.
6. Recommendations on current traditional universities, open universities, their scope, curriculum, demonstrations and degrees.
7. Is it advisable to make online education available to students through non-agricultural universities in the state instead of creating an online university?
Join our WhatsApp group, Telegram, instagram And Twitter For regular update on Pune city and Pimpri-Chinchwad
Download the PEO Privilege app from this link https://t6kq7.app.goo.gl/zpka